Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lizard Juice:

Vendor Review- Lizard Juice:

Greetings fellow vapers!  Recently I was contacted by a company called Lizard Juice out of Florida.  They asked if I would like to review their juices and to pick out blends I was interested in.  Of course I will never turn down the chance to add more reviews to this blog so I said yes and relayed the information to them regarding some juices that caught my eye on their site.  A couple of days later I received their juices in the mail.

Excited to see what was in them, I opened up the box they came in immediately.  There were quite a few samples of juice in what look like 3-4ml bottles and one bottle in an actual branded box that appeared to be 10ml.  The first thing I noticed was that each bottle was individually wrapped in perforated plastic as though it had been factory sealed.  This got my curiosity going so I decided to email them and inquire if they made their own juices or had a factory do it for them.  I received a response very quickly.

Lizard Juice's response was very short and said , "Our Juices are blended here."  To me this was a very non-descript response that didn't settle well with me for some reason.  Unable to prove my train of though, I cannot not say with any certainty where the juice was made.  I can say in my opinion however, I believe it to be rebranded Chinese juice of some sort.  Again, I have no proof for this claim so take it with a grain of salt.  It just honestly looks like the case to me. EDIT:  I CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT THIS JUICE IS VERY LIKELY CHINESE.  LIZARD JUICE IS LISTED AS A GLOBAL PARTNER FOR HANGSEN HERE: http://www.hkhangsen.com/global.html (Thanks to Reddit user RealCigReview for bringing this to my attention!)

Upon further investigation of their website I noticed that on the right side it says in very big font that their juices are 100% natural which can be seen here: http://www.lizardjuice.com/ .  I thought to myself, well, maybe I'm jumping the gun judging these guys and their product.  All natural can't be bad right?

Wrong!  Upon inspection of the box the 10ml bottle had come in I noticed an ingredient listing.  The first ingredient listed is propylene glycol which instantly rules out 100% natural.  To make matters worse there is no VG listed at all, only distilled water.  This liquid is THIN.  It gets worse though.  Right after that is listed natural and ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.  I'm not sure these folks understand the definition of 100% natural.



When I saw this I knew I had to do my duty as a reviewer and email them in regards to this.  I decided I would go ahead and let them know that I wouldn't be able to review their product based solely on the fact that they were lying to consumers according to all that I had seen unless they could address two issues for me.  Again, I asked where the juice was made.  I did not ask for specifics, only if it was USA, China, or an other.  I also asked that the 100% natural claim be addressed in full.

Today I received this response:  "Obviously, it is totally your prerogative if you wish to review our e-juices or not.  Don't worry about returning the samples I sent to you.  Vape our juice in good health, and good luck with your blog."  Now, I do certainly appreciate the good customer service I had received as far as how nicely I was being treated even when bringing my accusations to the table, but that still failed to answer my questions.  It seems to me as though Lizard Juice has something to hide.

So, I guess it goes without saying that I cannot and will not recommend this juice vendor to any of my readers.  To do so would be against my morals and integrity as a reviewer.  I will always bring you my honest and unbiased opinion of things and for me to review a vendor which can't even function without lies would be bringing them possible undue positive attention.  This is something I cannot tolerate.

Additionally I would like to add that at the time of this post, Lizard Juice's prices are obscenely high.  The juice starts at $12.00 for a 10ml bottle.  They also offer a starter kit which includes a 900mah ego style battery, a CE4 style tank, a charger, and a small bottle of juice all blister packaged together for an outrageous $44.99.  What a blatant rip off and a slap in the face to the consumer this vendor is!

I apologize in advance if this review comes off as more of a rant, but I had to be honest with you guys.  Again, I must state that these reviews are my opinion and my opinion alone, but as you all know by now I don't make it a habit to bad-mouth vendors.  I don't want any legal troubles out of Lizard Juice so I will leave it at that.

4 comments:

  1. To Jonathon Oliver,
    Thank you for your research and I received the same run around when asking about where the juice was made. I finally received an answer but like you it far from answered my question. I was told that the juice supplier and all the juice came from Minnesota; however, nobody would tell me if that is where the juice is made.

    As far as the unit goes and the others I have used, it seems to be superior as far as the tank and battery but as you said it is very pricy.

    In concluding this post I will say that Lizard Juice will tell you up front that the tank and battery are made in China but like you said, the juice, I can only guess it's made in China but actually don't know. I use "Mt. Baker Vapor" in my units and it is made in the USA. It is also cheaper - $4.49 for 15ml plus shipping and orders over $50.00 ship free.

    I no longer use the Lizard Juice tobacco, since they can't or won't answer my question, although I think the electronics/hardware products are superior to most.

    Thanks Again,
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can confirm it is Chinese juice made by Hangsen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, thank you for the research and that explains why I can't get a straight answer from "Lizard Juice". I am glad somebody took the time to find the answer!

      My first tip off came when I needed more juice and online all juices made in the USA are clearly and proudly stated; however, when looking at "Lizard Juice", I saw NO such statement. After three days of looking and calling, with no definitive answers, I found your blog.

      Thanks Again,
      Denis

      Delete
    2. Wow! Thanks for the info, I buy all my juice at Lizard and I took there word that all the juice was made here in the U.S.A. You say MT Baker Vapor is made here, I will check them out.
      Thanks.
      Don

      Delete