Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MBV, Thug Juice:

My review of Mt. Baker Vapor, Thug Juice:

Greetings fellow vapers!  Are you ready to get yo gangsta on?  That's right, today I'm going to be reviewing Mt. Baker Vapor's Thug Juice which can be found at http://www.mtbakervapor.com/ .

I had heard about this juice several times from friends and the good people of /r/electronic_cigarette on Reddit.  This controversially named juice is said to be the combination of watermelon, grape, and menthol that has been lightly sweetened.  Will this make me want to get a grill or rock some bling?  Let's find out!

First impressions:  First, I would like to say that this juice was purchased with my own money and not given as a promotion for review.  My personal mixture is 12mg nicotine and 70%VG, 30% distilled water.  This juice has a slightly yellow/pink appearance to it, which is kind of what I was expecting given the nature of the flavors.  Undeniably, this smells like a fruity mint mixture and I was eager to try it and see what all the fuss is about.

The Taste:  As with the White Out I reviewed before this, I did have an extra flavor shot added in to boost what I was going to be tasting because generally Mt. Baker's juices are too weak for my tastes.  I'm not afraid to admit that I was really skeptical of this juice because I do like grape sometimes and I love watermelon, but I just didn't initially think the flavors would meld well together.  I wasn't wrong, but I wasn't quite right either.  This was something altogether different from my expectations.  The flavors don't really differentiate themselves from one another and kind of just meld into one single entity with a minty twist.  At no time did I think to myself, "Oh, there's the watermelon" or "That's a nice grape flavor", because honestly the watermelon was barely there and the grape was for all purposes (at least to my pallet) not present at all.  What I was tasting was just one single minty, lightly sweet, explosion in my mouth.  I knew the flavor was familiar to me though and after a brief moment of deliberating, decidedly, the best thing I can liken it to is Orbit Bubblemint gum.  If you have ever chewed a piece you know exactly what I'm talking about because the flavor of that gum is distinct and unique.  The artificially sweetened bubble gum tone melds seamlessly with an almost spearmint like punch of cold.  It has the same aftertaste of bubblemint as well.  Whether this is a good or a bad thing will be up to you ultimately to decide.  Personally, I do like it, but I'd rather just chew the gum if that's the flavor I'm after because it still does the gum better; likely because I don't think that's what My. Baker Vapor was aiming for.

Vapor Production:  Clouds and clouds and more clouds.  While not very dense the clouds are abundant and the menthol in the mixture gives it a nice chilling throat hit, but it did make my throat itch a little honestly.  It was nothing to write home about, but that isn't a bad thing as it was certainly a solid, respectable performer.

Buy or Pass?:  Sadly, for me, this juice just didn't really live up to the hype.  It was decent and I can definitely see where they may have wanted to go with it, but the way the flavors just melded together into one overarching taste made it an unfortunately bland vape experience. I will likely not be ordering this again for myself, but taste is subjective so don't let my opinion stop you from trying it.  I know a few people who love this stuff to death and one that considers it their all day vape.  For the current price of $4.99 for a 15ml bottle it's definitely worth a shot at least.  As disappointed as I may be with my personal experience after hearing all the hype,  maybe I just have to admit I may not be thug enough for this juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment